Joint Petition Divorce Attorney
Low Cost. Flat Fee. 25+ Years Experience.
Full Service Attorney.
How a Joint Petition Divorce is Filed:
- In Nevada, a divorce is often filed in the form of a Joint Petition (NRS 125.182) It is the simplest way to file and obtain a divorce when both parties agree to all terms of the divorce, including child custody, child support, visitation, and property division (if applicable) and when both parties agree to sign the divorce papers.
- Both parties must sign the joint petition and the decree to have the joint petition divorce granted–this is Nevada law.
- Once these have been signed and notarized, the joint petition divorce is filed with the Court and the divorce decree submitted for the signature of the judge assigned to your case.
- Once the judge signs the decree of divorce, the clerk files it and your Nevada divorce becomes final.
- Your divorce can be obtained in a short amount of time when you file a Joint Petition Divorce. The exact amount of time depends a lot on your judge and his or her work pace, as well as how busy the court happens to be at the time your case is filed. Since the beginning of COVID, it’s taken judges two to five weeks to make a decision.
- We have the experience and the knowledge to make your Joint Petition Divorce run as smoothly as possible.
Always an excellent job!
I met Mr. Smith several years ago. Not only is he a great attorney, but now a good friend. I initially had him help me with family law matters and corporate matters and he always did an excellent job. One of the very few good attorneys left out there.
-R.E. Las Vegas, Nevada
A word from Attorney James E. Smith
Hi, my name is James Smith. I’ve been practicing law in the State of Nevada for the past 23 years. During that time, I’ve helped countless people with their Nevada divorces.
I believe in access to affordable legal help for all and I am dedicated to bringing you the highest-quality Nevada Divorce service possible — at a price that makes sense to you in the current economy.
– Attorney James E. Smith
Joint Petition Divorce
(both parties must sign the divorce papers)
From $599 plus court costs)
Advantages to you:
- Licensed Nevada Attorney Represents You
- Full Service! You sign, we do the rest!
- We respond to your calls and emails even after you pay us
- We prepare your divorce papers as quickly as possible
- We file your case as soon as all documents have been signed by you
- We follow through until you have the final decree in hand
- Make two payments instead of one
- Call 702-680-1780
Nevada Divorce Resident Witness
- At least one of the parties in a joint petition Nevada divorce must have resided in Nevada for a minimum of six-weeks just prior to the filing a Joint Petition Divorce as per Nevada Revised Statute (NRS 125.020).
- The Court requires proof of your residency in the form of a Resident Witness Affidavit. The individual who signs this affidavit in front of a notary must be another Nevada resident who knows at least one of the parties to the divorce to have lived in Nevada for a minimum of six weeks before the date the divorce papers are filed
- See Nevada Divorce Residency for more details
Attorney James Smith has been practicing law in Nevada since 1985. He is licensed in Nevada and California and holds a BV rating (highest possible) with Martindale-Hubbell®, the authoritative resource for information on the worldwide legal profession. He is also BBB A+ rated and has been for the past 24 years.We have filed thousands of divorces and annulments over the years, at an average of 390 cases per year! Because of this, we can take in, file, and process cases quickly. We have a propriety system designed to move cases along at the fastest possible pace within the constraints of Family Court.
Our case intake paralegals are well-trained and can answer a huge majority of your questions. Those they cannot answer will be answered by the attorney, whose office is next door to the intake paralegals’. They often discuss cases as part of the decision process of whether or not to accept a client. If we can’t help you, we don’t take your money. Call us at 702-420-7052 for your free consultation.
What we guarantee when you file your divorce through us:
- Prompt response to your phone calls and e-mails even after you pay us!
- Dedication to serving your needs with compassion, to the best of our ability and power.
- Make two payments instead of one (unless you want to pay in full).
- We guarantee prompt and courteous service by our trained, certified, and qualified staff. Our goal is to get you through this quickly so you can move on with your life.
- We NEVER share your information with anyone other than those required to know for processing your case through the courts (the attorney, our staff members working directly on your case, the court clerks, and your judge).
Call us now at 702-680-1780
*Court Costs currently $328 ($342 with children) for Joint Petition, and $364 for a Complaint) and cost of process service and publication (when the other party won’t sign or cannot be found) is additional: process service in the U.S. average cost is $160; publication average $150. Out of country service costs vary by country and are individual to each case.
From Our Clients
Answered All My Questions. I Got Peace of Mind!
“Going through a divorce is one of the toughest, if not the toughest things I have ever had to deal with. You not only provided excellent service, you also provided me with peace of mind, answering all of the questions that I had plus some that I should have asked but failed to. I would recommend Conexa to anyone going through this and in fact, already have. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.”
One of the Few Good Attorneys Out There
“I met Mr. Smith several years ago. Not only is he a great attorney, but now a good friend. I initially had him help me with family law matters and corporate matters and he always did an excellent job. One of the very few good attorneys left out there.”
Direct, Clear, Honest!
“I want to use your service because your website is direct, clear, and honest”
Contact Us About Your Divorce
Free Consultation. We Reply Promptly to Divorce Queries.